Telemedicine is the provision of care using the Internet as the modality of evaluation and communication, rather than being "seen" in person. It can provide access to those who otherwise may not be able to see physicians conveniently based on local availability, cost, or urgency.
Specifically, telemedicine has the potential to provide:
- Improved access to care by enabling you to remain in your home while you receive services.
- More efficient care evaluation and management.
- Access to the expertise of a dermatologic specialist, as appropriate.
- A teledermatology provider should not be contacted in the case of a medical emergency
- Docent Medical Corp providers are an addition to, and not a replacement for, your primary care provider.
- Responsibility for your overall medical care should remain with your local primary care provider, if you have one, and we strongly encourage you to locate one if you do not.